Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Simple Knit Scarf


I know that this is a crochet blog and it will continue to be as such but I do a little knitting on the side and this was my first actual knitting project. It is just a simple scarf using the knit stitch that, to my surprise, only took one ball of yarn. I cast on 28 for this project which I think is a very good size for a scarf but you could probably get away with a little less than that if you wanted to.
The thing that I like about knitting is that it's more flexible and it tends to make yarn feel softer than when you initially feel it. I don't know how it happens but I'm not complaining.
There were two main reasons why I wanted to try out knitting.
1. I wanted to learn something new. The great thing for crocheters out there is that knitting won't be completely out of your comfort zone. But, it was pretty difficult for me to get used to holding two needles instead of one hook.
2. When I would go on Pinterest to find crochet projects for me to work on, knitting projects would come up that were cutest things in the world... and I couldn't make them. At all.
In the end, no matter how I make it, I love it when I finish a project that I worked so hard on and it turns out just as I imagined it.

No comments:

Post a Comment