Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Proud to be a Texan Blanket


Most people you'll meet in Texas are very proud of the fact that they live in a huge state. What better way to show it than by making a Texas flag blanket?
I just finished this today and I am so happy! I didn't follow a pattern because it's really all about the proportions. It's just three rectangles and a star which is pretty easy to do. The star is simple because when you make a circle, it kind of turns into a pentagon so you would just put a point on each side. I used a pattern just as reference and here it is: Star Pattern. You can just scroll down on this website and you will find it. This website is not in English but there is an English translation for the star pattern under the original. This was way too big for the blanket which is why I just read it for the technique.
It's very simple, I alternated between double and treble crochet. The star and the border were both single crochet.
If you look closely, you can see some white and red under the blue. This is because when I was making it, I knew it was started to look like it had been stretched out, so I folded the blue over and sewed on.
As I said, I am so happy I finished this project! It was really fun and I love how it turned out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment