Thursday, April 13, 2017

My Pattern Pouch


Okay, okay, I know what y'all are thinking- it's about time I post something new. You got me there. So here it is:
I made this a year ago so I don't have a step by step pattern for you guys, sorry. But I can tell you what I remember. To begin this pouch, I used a Turkish cast-on. The Turkish cast-on is in the round so in order to achieve the stockinette stitch, all I had to do was knit for a few rows. I did one by one ribbing on the inside so the edge wouldn't curl when I cast off and continued with the knit stitch on the outside. Then, I cast off the ribbed side to create the opening and left the other side on my needles. Now I'm knitting a flat piece. I continued with the knit stitch on both the right and the wrong side which, as you all know, creates a different look.
To make the button-hole, I simply put half of the stitches on a stitch holder and knit the other half. When that was at a good length, I worked on the other side and then knit them together. The sides aren't straight but, hey, it's functional.
I finished sewing the button and tying in loose ends. I apologize for the complicated instructions, please comment with questions because I'm sure you'll have them! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment