Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Lightweight Poncho Crochet Pattern


There are many poncho patterns out there but most of them are made to keep you warm. Coming from a place where it is hot most of the year, that isn't very useful. So, I found a poncho pattern that I really liked that was also lightweight. But The problem was you need to work it in the round which proved to be hard for me. Every time I tried to join the two ends, my chain would twist and it would make me so mad! After an hour or two of attempting this pattern, I decided it just wasn't going to work. So this pattern is worked in as a single "panel". As you would make a blanket. I thought that I might as well make this poncho 100% mine and create a whole knew pattern.

First, you chain an odd number of stitches. It doesn't matter exactly how many, you can completely customize this pattern.
Row 1- 2 sc in second ch from hook and in each ch across until last ch, 2 sc in final ch
Row 2-5- ch 1, 2 sc in next st and in each st across until last st, 2 sc in last stitch.
Row 6- *ch 5, skip one st, sc in next* repeat from * across
Row 7- *ch 5, sc in middle ch of the next gap* repeat from * across.

Repeat those seven rows until desired length and sc five final rows.
Before you cut the yarn,  fold the poncho in half and slip st the sides together. When slip stitching insert hook into the two sides at once and continue until you have seamed the whole project together. Flip inside out.

If you have any questions, be sure to ask me because I would love to answer them. Let me know how yours turns out!


No comments:

Post a Comment