Saturday, March 14, 2015

Crossbody Bag Technique


This is one of my older projects that I did without a pattern. Its a little bit stained with blue paint because i forgot to move it when my sister painted the bedroom. The main stitch is called by several different things (crocodile stitch, scallop stitch) and then everything else is single crochet. The technique is pretty simple.

For the body of the purse, you just crochet two rectangles the same size. and sew them together with a yarn needle. But if you want to, you could always crochet them together.
For the strap, I just chained until it seemed like the bag was in a good position, and then I single crocheted until I thought it was thick enough and sewed the ends to either side.

This is a really good beginner project because it isn't complicated. If you have any problems please tell me because i would love to help. If you would like me to figure out the pattern and post it, please let me know and I would be happy to.

No comments:

Post a Comment